PET RULES AND REGS
We know your pets are important members of your family. If you are planning on bringing them with you on your vacation to Benzie County, below is some important information for you to know.
Pet Friendly Lodging Properties
Betsie Valley Trail
- Pets allowed on leash 6’ or less in length.
- Sec: 4.02. Control and Custody of Pets. http://betsievalleytrail.org/trail-ordinance/
Grand Traverse Land Conservancy Trails
- Pets allowed on a leash unless posted otherwise.
National Park Trails
- Refer to the NPS website for details: https://www.nps.gov/slbe/planyourvisit/pets.htm
State Trails: Betsie River Pathway and Lake Ann Trail
- Pets allowed on a leash.
Benzonia Township Park
- Dog Park located at the south side (behind Honor Bank off Grace Rd.)
Elberta Waterfront Park
- Pets allowed on leash.
Maley Park in Honor
Beulah Village Park
- No Pets allowed.
Frankfort Public Beach on Lake Michigan:
- No animals are allowed on Lake Michigan Beach except on designated walkways and in designated animal run areas. Animals are only permitted on the beach north of Miami Street and on the concrete walkways. They must be on a leash or rope no longer than 6 feet. All animals prohibited on July 4.
Elberta Beach on Lake Michigan:
- Animals are allowed but must be on a leash no longer than 6 feet.
Crystal Lake Public Beach in Beulah
- No pets allowed.
Lake Ann Public Beach
- No pets allowed other than service dogs.
Lake MI at Pt Betsie
- Pets are allowed but must be on a leash no longer than 6 feet.
Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore Beaches
- Pets are allowed on a 6’ or shorter leash from Platte River Campground / Railroad Grade trail north to Peterson Road.
- Pets are allowed on a 6’ or shorter leash from Esch Road north to the Lakeshore boundary (south of Empire). https://www.nps.gov/slbe/planyourvisit/pets.htm
- No pets allowed