Benzonia, Michigan (October 5, 2017) – Benzie County Visitors Bureau welcomes visitors to experience fall color in Northern Michigan, as well as, many fall festival celebrations and activities for all ages and interests. Starting this Saturday, October 7 and through the entire month of October, festivals and events will include the family-friendly Beulah / Benzonia Fall Festival on Saturday, October 7, Frankfort Beer Week for beer aficionados from October 9 – 14, the Frankfort Fall Festival featuring gigantic pumpkins, a parade and other activities on Saturday, October 14, the athletic and challenging Tri Up North Triathlon on October 15, Peaktoberfest & Founders Peak 2 Peak Mountain Bike Classic for young and old at Crystal Mountain from Friday through Sunday, October 20 – 22, and the 8th annual Frankfort Film Festival for indie movie lovers, Thursday – Sunday, October 19 – 22.
Benzie County Visitor’s Bureau is also offering a “Benzie Treasure Trove” package for visitors who stay and play for two consecutive nights at participating lodging establishments through October 31, 2017. To learn more about the “Benzie Treasure Trove” and to sign up online to participate, see www.visitbenzie.com.
For the finest in color touring by car or road bike, travel the M-22 Color Tour. The M-22 Color Tour runs 116 miles, starting from the south at the U.S. 31 intersection just north of Manistee and winding north through Onekama, Arcadia, Elberta and Frankfort, along beautiful Crystal Lake and a 30 mile stretch of the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore to and through Leelanau County.
Additional fall experiences in Benzie County include:
- Point Betsie Lighthouse tours, and scenic chairlift rides at Crystal Mountain (dates and times vary throughout the month).
- Hiking and biking the many beautiful trails and rivers in Benzie County (more information here.)
- Kayaking and canoeing the scenic Platte and Betsie rivers and over 50 lakes in Benzie County.
- Some of the finest golf courses in the Midwest with stunning fall color views. Courses include: Crystal Lake Golf Club, Pinecroft Golf Course, Champion Hill Golf Course, and Crystal Mountain’s Mountain Ridge and Betsie Valley. Chestnut Hills Golf Course in Arcadia also features beautiful terrain.
- Many unique and locally owned restaurants that appeal to many different palates. Restaurant options include delis, fresh fish and farm-to-table restaurants, Asian and Mexican restaurants and more.
- Horse drawn carriage and wagon rides, with custom trips on two-track trails and country roads to enjoy the fall season.
For more information about Benzie County’s fall activities see www.visitbenzie.com/fallfest. For a fall color tour guide, see www.visitbenzie.com/fall/. Lodging choices in Benzie County include cottages, cabins, inns, hotels, motels and condos at www.visitbenzie.com. Contact the Benzie County Visitors Bureau at 800-882-5801 for more information.